Add Garage to House Ideas Design Pictures - As we all know from programs like 'through the keyhole' you can tell a lot about someone by looking at their home. From an un-tidy home overflowing with clutter to the clean, organised and ordered one - every room within every house says something about the owner. And if you really want to see what someone is like without their make up on, the best place to look is probably the garage!
When somebody steps into your garage area what impression do they get - an organised and methodical person or a chaotic 'clutterhugger'? Well there are those beyond redemption of course but for most of us we have to admit that the car port area is not exactly how we would like it. In fairness that probably doesn't mean we are psychologically unhinged it just means that we haven't got round to it and even when all of us do, where perform we all start and how?
The storage area is usually the forgotten corner of the house which makes little sense really considering the trouble we all go to find space elsewhere. We convert attics and cellars when we have perfectly useable ground floor space in the garage if only we could make the most of it. But with careful planning and effective design the humble garage can be transformed into a stunning and practical space that solves the normal problems. To help you get rid of your garage issues we have put together five top tips that will help every house owner to spruce up their storage and create a better, more effective garage.
1) De-clutter and organise: First of all sort all of those unwanted items that you never use. You'll be really surprised how much area this frees up without the need for extra storage. And before you send this to the tip or recycle centre consider whether you can sell it or give that away. Once you've done this kind of it's wise to invest in some useful garage cabinets or wall storage space to get all of your equipment off the floor and into a place where you can find everything quickly and easily. Doing this will free up a whole lot of space and will make your life so much easier
2) Change the ground: Because of the nature of the garage area there can often be oil leaks or perhaps paint spills that create a great un- safe and messy floor. There are many different flooring solutions from porcelain or PVC tiles to resin or aluminium according to your needs but a suitable ground will make all the difference to you car port. Forget floor paint -- it may seem a cheap solution but it simply won't last and you will most likely find it flaking up inside months or perhaps sticking to the tread of warm car tyres.
3) Lighting: With the garage now being used for a variety of different reasons it is more important than ever to ensure that everything is usually well lit. To create the perfect lighting introduce strong LED spotlights across the whole from the garage. Not only do these create excellent light but they are also extremely efficient. If you have specific work areas consider lighting these separately, for example with under-cabinet lights.
4) Security is key: With expensive tools, garden and sports equipment stored inside the garage, it's essential that they can be secured. Leaving them scattered around the storage area can create a dangerous environment and is definitely an invitation to the light-fingered! There are a number of locking storage cupboards and cupboards on the market that will assist to solve this issue.
5) Make the room your own: Because we said, you may inform a whole lot regarding somebody from their garage. So style the garage area to fit your lifestyle. Whether you are sports activities mad, are an avid car enthusiast or love DIY, the garage area is the perfect space to tailor to your every need. So why not fit some memorabilia or pictures to make it your personal.